IFALPA and New Zealand Air Line Pilots Association (NZALPA) invite participants to a Runway Safety Team (RST) Course. The course is intended for pilot representatives participating in, or intending to join, airport Runway Safety Teams. It is also suitable for Air Traffic Controllers and representatives of CAAs, airports, and airlines.
Runway Safety expert instructors Captain Brian Greeves and Captain David Griffin will share their experience and knowledge, using case studies and exercises to prepare participants to become active and knowledgeable members of a Runway Safety Team.
The course covers a wide range of topics on runway safety:
- What is a Runway Safety Team (RST)?
- Identifying, prioritizing and mitigating hazards: overview of ICAO Hazard Identification and Risk Management
- Resources for RST participants
- Elements of safe airport design and operations
- Runway incursion and excursion prevention strategies
- How to effectively participate in an RST
- Airport visit (to be confirmed)
The objective of the training is to prepare representatives to proactively participate in Runway Safety Teams.
IFALPA Member Associations may also wish to enroll members to become potential RST trainers within their association.
Fees & Cancellations
This course is generously offered for free by NZALPA.
The course will be held at NZALPA House, 3 Airpark Drive, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand, 2150.
Accommodation & Room Rate
Participants are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
The following hotels are recommended:
- Holiday Inn, Auckland Airport - 10 minute walk from NZALPA House
- Sudima Hotel - directly opposite NZALPA House
We would highly recommend booking early as availability may be limited.
The cost of personal travel, accommodations, and additional meals are not included and are the responsibility of individual attendees.
Course space is limited. First come, first served.
Make your booking direct with the Sudima to obtain the following benefits.
Sudima Business Plus Programme:
- 10% OFF our Best Flexible Rate published on our website www.sudimahotels.com
- 15% OFF Food & Beverage within the hotel (not including conference & events)
- Air New Zealand Air Points members will receive Air Points with every booking
- Guaranteed last room availability by room type
- Free Cancellation prior to 6pm on the day of arrival
- Easy online booking system via the Sudima website with instant booking confirmation
The Promo code for your bookers to use when making accommodation bookings on Sudima Business Plus is PLUS. Please remember that a credit card is required for all online reservations