IFALPA has been informed by the Icelandic Airline Pilots’ Association (FIA), representing Bluebird Nordic pilots, that negotiations on a new Collective Labour Agreement have been ongoing since fall 2020. Bluebird management requested pilot cost reductions of 30-50%. During negotiations, on 31 December 2020, management sent letters of dismissal to all directly employed pilots working under the CLA. They have been subsequently removed from all rostered flights. The rest of the pilot group is hired through a working agency, and management announced that from now on they will only hire “self-employed“ pilots.
FIA finished the legal procedures for planning industrial action. This decision has been voted and all relevant parties have been noticed. A strike will begin on 1 February 2021 at 00:01 UTC, until further notice. As a consequence of this, FIA requests, through IFALPA, the following Mutual Assistance:
- Request for Ban on Wet Leasing (2.4.1)
- Request for Freeze in Capacity (2.4.2)
- Request for Recruitment Ban (2.4.3)
- Request for Denial of Training Facilities (2.4.4)
- Request for Assistance to Pilots Stranded Away from their Home Base (2.4.5)
- Request for Prohibition of Pilot Contracting (2.4.6)
- Request for Submissions and Representations (2.4.7)
All IFALPA Member Associations are requested to support FIA by forwarding support letters to Captain Sara Hlín Sigurðardóttir [email protected]
FIA will keep IFALPA and its Member Associations informed of any further developments.