We have been informed by ASPA that in July, Aeromexico Group filed for voluntary restructuring under the Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Since then, ASPA de Mexico was made a member of the Unsecured Creditors Committee (UCC). Today, Aeromexico expressed their intentions to unilaterally and arbitrarily reduce the current terms and conditions by restructuring the current CLA with ASPA.
As a result of this, and given the critical scenario that lies ahead, ASPA de Mexico requests, through IFALPA, the following Mutual Assistance starting on 20 October 2020, at 00:01 LT Mexico City, until further notice:
- Request for Ban on Wet Leasing (2.4.1)
- Request for a Freeze on Capacity for Carriers inside SkyTeam Alliance (188.8.131.52)
- Request for Recruitment Ban (2.4.3)
- Request for Denial of Training Facilities (2.4.4)
- Request for Assistance to Pilots Stranded Away from their Home Base (2.4.5)
- Request for Prohibition of Pilot Contracting (2.4.6)
- Request for Submissions and Representations (2.4.7)
All IFALPA Member Associations are encouraged to support Aeromexico pilots by forwarding support letters to Cpt. Rafael Diaz Covarrubias, Secretary General of ASPA
[email protected] / [email protected]
ASPA will keep IFALPA and its Member Associations informed of any further developments.