FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONTREAL, Canada – 2018 marks the 70th anniversary of the International Federation of Air Line Pilots’ Associations (IFALPA). This is an exciting time for the Federation, an occasion to celebrate a legacy of innovation and achievement, and to advance a guiding vision for the next 70 years. The Federation’s Strategic Plan establishes a clear goal to advance its mission and the interests of its Member Associations worldwide. As the plan states, “Improving aviation safety at all levels is a key element of the Federation’s Strategy.”
The website was identified as an area of great potential. The site is the window through which the world views IFALPA, and a powerful tool to further the mission and serve Member Associations. A better website means enhanced communication with and for the Federation’s Volunteers, a stronger public platform, and a more coherent message promoting the highest level of aviation safety worldwide.
The Federation invites you to explore the all-new ifalpa.org. More than just a fresh look, the site offers valuable new features to both the public and Member Associations:
- A vast library of technical publications laying out decades of IFALPA Positions, crucial safety information, and regional coverage - available to the public, volunteers, and all aviation industry stakeholders and decision makers,
- Advanced search functions facilitating the exploration of publications by resource topic, publication type, date, or key word,
- A clear point of contact for media inquiries and archive of IFALPA Press Releases,
- Mobile responsiveness, so nothing will be missed from a telephone screen,
- An intuitive design for a beautiful, user-friendly experience across the site.
IFALPA’s messages are more accessible than ever. The tireless work of IFALPA volunteers and subject matter experts yields crucial reports that have, and will continue to, change the face of aviation safety worldwide. Please visit and explore ifalpa.org. A better website means a stronger Global Voice of Pilots!
For further information, please contact:
Emily Bitting, IFALPA Senior Communications Specialist
+1 514 419 1191 ext. 228, [email protected]
Note to Editors: The International Federation of Air Line Pilots’ Associations represents more than 100,000 pilots in nearly 100 countries around the globe. The mission of IFALPA is to promote the highest level of aviation safety worldwide and to be the global advocate of the piloting profession; providing representation, services and support to both our members and the aviation industry. Federation website www.ifalpa.org
©2018 The International Federation of Air Line Pilots’ Associations
This publication may not be offered for sale or used commercially. All reprints must credit IFALPA.